Wednesday 22 December 2010

Dear Simon

Dear Little Man,
Sometimes I think having a reflux baby is God's way of telling me I'm not in control of everything and I don't know everything.

One day you're inconsolable, gassy, unhappy and barely sleep, the next you take a 2-hour nap and smile all day. I get disheartened about the medicine, then gain confidence in it again. I wonder if it's something else, then decide it's not.

In short, I feel helpless sometimes. I want to make it better. I want a decent night's sleep. I want the experience of having Juliet as a baby to count for something, to make me know what on earth to do.

But life's like that sometimes, unfortunately. You'll learn that soon enough. Your sister's learning it now. Things don't always go how we want them to, but we adapt, and survive and try to laugh a little along the way. I blame myself incessantly, too, but that's a whole other letter, I'm afraid.

Anyway, I hope we get you on the right track soon, because I love yuo so much and if I could, I'd take that pain and discomfort and have it myself.

I love you lots,
Your (Very tired) Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment