Thursday 18 November 2010

New Tack

Decided to take a new direction with this blog.

My mother in law showed me some letters recently that go with her geneology projects-- letters from people at war, far away from family telling about everyday life, about deeper things alongside the mundane, and accompanied by photos.

As I travel the road of motherhood, I often wonder what my parents thought and did and hoped for when I was 1, 2, 2 months. How they coped with two small children, then three. If there are things they wanted to capture, to teach us, things we could be reading and looking back on now.

So I'm going to make my posts from here letters to Juliet and/or Simon. Things I want them to know, to learn, to remember, things I want to remember. And the photos, of course.

Some might be lighthearted and short and others wordy and sappy, but I like the idea of capturing our life, my thoughts, feelings, hopes in letter form.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment